Sunday 16 March 2008

The Wellington - Beef with Mushroom

I like the Welli. Nice pub, and generally excellent schnitzels. Despite being at the pricier end of the schnitzel market, history told me that it would be well worth it.

mmmmmmWhen it came out it looked delectable, mouth wateringly good, but a first bite of the fine, fine schnitzel tasted rather strange. In fact I would say that the mushroom sauce tasted burnt. It wasn't a huge drama as while the taste wasn't what I was expecting it was still palatable (1/2 star off). The chips as always at the Welli were to die for with a similar sweet flavouring to the Dan but not quite as strong and the salad was full of grate produce but was a little soggy and not as fresh and crispy as I would have liked. (1/2 a star off).

Therefore on this occasion I would say that the Welli Schnitzel didn't live up to its hefty price tag when compared to others out there and near by.

Price: $17

Rating: 4 stars

No comments: