Wednesday 5 March 2008

The Gov - Chicken Parmigiana with Eggplant

Dimly lit, well serviced and nicely furnished, The Gov Bistro makes a good spot for some evening feasting... unless you're looking for a high quality schnitzel.

The addition of eggplant to the tomato and cheese sauce initially attracted me to the choice I made but I was immediately disappointed. The schnitzel placed before me was overcooked, borderline black around the edges.

P2290315I began to eat, each bite adding to my disappointment. The schnitzel was over breaded and the tomato base lacking resulting in a dry schnitzel. Furthermore, the eggplant slice was rubbery and too thin.

Why stick chips under the schnitzel when there is more than enough space available on the plate?

The best part of the meal was the salad, enough said.
Price: $16.50
Rating: 1.5 stars

No comments: