Friday 14 March 2008

Daniel O’Connell – Chicken with Mushroom Sauce

Why did I go to the Daniel O’Connell? Because I heard they have the best schnitzel in Adelaide! Specifically, I was told it was the best due to their mushroom sauce. Looking at the menu was pointless, I went there knowing I would order a chicken schnitzel with mushroom sauce with high expectations. I wasn’t disappointed either. The schnitzel was cooked perfectly, and yes, the mushroom sauce was very impressive, I don’t even like mushrooms, but was prepared to try this sauce and was rewarded (unlike the pepper sauce I tried recently!). The chips were well above average, seasoned and cooked to perfection. The service and the salad were both standard. My only complaint was the size of the schnitzel, although I didn’t leave hungry, it was no struggle to finish.
Price: $15.90
Rating: 4 stars.

No comments: