Thursday 6 March 2008

Roulettes Tavern - Chicken Hawaiian

Roulettes... conjures up images of gambling doesn't it? Good news is if you're gambling with schnitzel then you'll wind up braking even.

Conveniently located next to the Parafield Airport Liquor Store, Roulettes Tavern is a large bistro and gambling hot spot featuring a modest front bar. The tavern is nicely themed with airport paraphernalia to match its location.

Roulettes HawaiianRoulettes features prompt service; damper rolls are brought to the table immediately after ordering and the schnitzel's salad is served shortly after.

 

Fresh and well dressed, the salad makes the kind of impression you want to make on a first date. The Chicken Hawaiian is of good size. The ham and cheese was the standard fare but the pineapple helping is quite generous. The lack of a tomato base for the topping left the schnitzel a bit dry for my taste, but the pineapple made up for this somewhat. The chips were crisp and tasty but be warned, the type and quantity has changed a few times in my recent visits so you can never be sure just how much you'll get.

Price: $14.50

Rating: 2.5 stars

2 comments:

Lisa said...

O...M...G...!
I can't believe you think this should be a food group - schnitzels are the last thing I would eat on earth - they are evil!!! LOL - don't take offense to this, I am actually laughing because I can't quite believe it - I have a personal vendetta against this whole "food group"! But each to his own, and there are certainly lots of choices in SA to try out - just don't make me eat one!
PS - this really doesn't help with your weight goals, but I guess you know this and think its worth it! I might stick to sabotaging my goals with chocolate...

Lodan said...

You're spot on Lisa, Schnitzels are evil but only a select can few dedicate their lives to protecting all from there menace... i've sacrificed my youth and my waistline to defeating this delicious scourge :D