Tuesday 6 May 2008

General Havelock - Chicken Parmigiana (Two Pints Two Parmi's Deal)

On my last visit I spotted what could be one of the finest schnitzel deals around, Two Pints and Two Parmis for 18 bucks! Was it too good to be true?

At one point it seemed like I wouldn't have a mate to share the deal with thanks to odd numbers at our table, this did not concern me. After further talks we organised a split and off to order we were. From memory, the pints on offer consisted of draught, pale and dry, not bad. I grabbed my beer and sat in hungry anticipation. It wasn't long before the meal arrived.

24-04-08_1906

At first glance I was impressed, but it soon dawned on me that the schnitzel covered one of the smallest portions of chips I've had. Oh well, they tasted good. Tasty but standard salad.

The schnitzel was moderate in surface area but lacked a little in depth. The cheese was melted well and the sauce combined well with it to give a good overall taste. The chicken was cooked well but the crumbing was a little soft for my liking.

Overall, this schnitzel deal is fantastic. When splitting with a friend you get an above average schnitzel with a free pint for only 9 bucks. For this it gets maximum points. But be warned, at it's standard price (16.40) it's only an above average schnitzel.

Two Pints, Two Parmi's Deal

Price: $18

Rating: 5 stars

No comments: