Sunday 18 May 2008

The Elephant - Chicken with Gravy

Never have I had a schnitzel that was as bad as it looked... I should end the review there.

The Elephant is a busy establishment just off the main street. The innards of the pub are nice but on the evening it was probably too busy to have a meal in. I was situated at a table near the foot of the stairs and it felt like a nice little enclave at that point.

The Elephant boasts a moderate 250g "choice cut... crumbed by us – eaten by you". How very unfortunate for me. This choice cut is probably the worst schnitzel meat I have ever eaten. 250gm? Who are they kidding? There were two tiny schnitzel pieces. They were thin, bland, and you needed both a steak knife to cut it and a strong jaw to chew it.

16-05-08_1913

There was more gravy than schnitzel on the plate. The gravy was unique but far too overpowering in taste and quantity. The salad? Poor, a bland mix that would be okay if it had been dressed.

The only saving grace was the tasty chips, but I'm not writing a Chip Lovers blog.

Price: $13.90

Rating: 0.5 stars

No comments: