Wednesday 9 April 2008

Brahma Lodge - Chicken Parmigiana

Conveniently located near my work, the Brahma is one of the two feasible pub lunch options I have. The Brahma's look is a bit hit and miss at the moment. A much needed upgrade has improved the restaurant and function areas but has done little for the bistro or front bar.

On a busier occasion than usual I took my meal in the bistro, a chicken parmigiana that I've had a few times before. I was presented with the plate after a moderate wait. I immediately noticed that the chips were taking up more of the plate space than normal... the salad was missing. I questioned this and was then brought out a bowl with triple the usual amount of salad.

08-04-08_1231Hit and miss again, the Brahma salad looks and tastes exactly like something pulled straight from the packet. A little bit of dressing would vastly improve it.

The chips were standard pub fare. An interesting feature is the Brahma bread triangles. The triangles are famous and amazing to all that know them, they are especially useful when used to mop up the plate after a schnitzel with gravy.

The schnitzel itself is fairly tasty. The tomato base covers the schnitzel without providing an overbearing presence. The cheese looks like it has been melted in a microwave but despite this it tastes good. The crumbing is a little too moist, however the chicken to crumbing ratio is pretty good. Cutting into the meal I noticed that the meal was formed of two smaller schnitzels... it's always best to leave the customer thinking that it is one piece.

For the price, it's not a bad meal, but don't expect too much of it.

Price: $10.90

Rating: 2.5 stars

No comments: